meetMED – Together We Switch to Clean Energy
We are proud to announce that our Acting Director General, Dr. Samir RACHIDI, participated in the MeetMED event meetMED – Together We Switch to Clean Energy, a regional initiative to foster cooperation on energy transition in the Mediterranean area.
Dr. RACHIDI shared his insights on the following key topics:
– The imperative of accelerating innovation in renewable energy and energy efficiency to adresse the climate urgency and to reach the ambitious goals we have in the region,
– The potential of green hydrogen and power-to-x technologies to decarbonize the energy sector and create new opportunities for development,
– The geopolitical implications of energy transition and the need for a common vision and strategy among Mediterranean countries,
– The importance of energy storage as a hot topic for enhancing grid resilience and flexibility,
– The role of public-private-academia partnerships for fostering knowledge transfer and capacity building.
Dr. RACHIDI also highlighted the achievements and projects of IRESEN, the Moroccan Research Institute for Solar Energy and New Energies, in advancing solar energy and energy efficiency and building world-class research and innovation infrastructure (GEP, GSBP,…). He also stressed the value of regional cooperation and dialogue for addressing common challenges and opportunities in the energy sector.
We thank MeetMED for this opportunity and we look forward to more fruitful exchanges with our partners and stakeholders in the Mediterranean region (Agence Marocaine pour l’Efficacité Énergétique (AMEE), Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) & MEDENER).